Thursday, August 21, 2008

Country Music


Hello. My name is Wesley Rose. I am one of the pioneers of country music. I began my collegiate career with an interest in Chartered accounting, if you can believe it, but soon found that I had the knack to become a publisher of music. Country music.
 Now, Country music was before the integration and development of Country and Western music. Country music was first. It's roots are based from the traditions of Folk music, Celtic music, Gospel music and old time music, found in the Southern states and the Appalachian mountains. It mainly started out as a caucasian style and soon branched out into what we know today as both Country and Western; more integrated, culturally and ethnically, of course. 
 Lessee here...well, wouldn't ya know...I'm about done with this introduction, but I'll be back after I search around for more interesting facts about myself and the history of Country AND Western music, here in the good old U.S  of A!
Take care now, ya hear...


W. Rose

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Country music is older than blues...

(fake) Son House said...

Country music aint older than blues...it just got money first, is all...
You should know, Mississippi John. Them folks 'll tell ya one thing about music and then play your own song in front of ya.
(sigh)

SH