Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Jimmie Rogers: Father of Country Music


Howdy everybody and how y'all doin?
I hope your day is goin' just as dandy as ever.

Well...let's see here...oh yes...it seems that I have said some things about my love for country music so far. I could say plenty more on top o' that for certain. And I aims to keep that particular point as the very focus of this here,  blog. Ya see...I do believe that I have enough knowledge and experience to tell you wonderful folks about country music. Let there be no doubt in your mind that I have been around the block a few times and when it comes to selecting a song or two, I seem to always know what I'm talkin' about. But I will also not ramble on forever about the music, which I love, so that you can hear for your own self exactly what I mean. 
 Here's another thing now...what would country music be without Jimmie Rogers? He is the founder and father of my favorite kind of music. Without Jimmie Rogers pickin' away and yodelin' and croonin' the hearts of many, country music would not be what it is today. 

 As far as today is concerned, I would have to mention New Orleans and the evacuation. Lotta folks had to leave New Orleans to avoid the wrath of Hurricane Gustav. Well...Gustav did not beat 'em up so bad this time. God bless. And so I know a lot of people are returning home.

Follow this here link and listen to Jimmie Rogers sing a song about New Orleans.
I am sure those folks down in New Orleans are thinking the same thing right about now...
This version is played on my favorite kind of player. A 78rpm record player.
Enjoy the sounds of Jimmie Rogers and
y'all take care now...ya hear?


No comments: